Friday, August 17, 2007

The animals were gone

Woke up and for the first time
the animals were gone
They have left this house empty now,
not sure if I belong



Yesterday you asked me to write you a pleasant song
I'll do my best now
but you've been gone for so long
The window's open now and the winter settles in
We'll call it Christmas when the adverts begin



I love your depression and I love your double chin
I love 'most everything that you bring to this offering
Oh I know that I left you in places of despair
Oh I know that I love you
so please throw down your hair



At night I trip without you
and hope I don't wake up
Cause waking up without you is like drinking from an empty cup



Woke up and for the first time
the animals were gone
Our clocks are ticking now so before our time is gone



We could get a house and some boxes on the lawn
We could make babies and accidental songs



I know I've been a liar
and I know I've been a fool
I hope we didn't break yet,
but I'm glad we broke the rules



My cave is deep now
yet your light is shining through



I cover my eyes

still all I see is you

No comments: