Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Distance

The sky has lost its color
The sun has turned to gray
At least that’s how it feels to me
Whenever you’re away



I crawl up in the corner
To watch the minutes pass
Each one brings me closer to
The time you’re coming back



I can’t take the distance
I can’t take the miles
I can’t take the time until I next see you smile



I can’t take the distance
And I’m not ashamed
That with every breath I take I’m calling your name



I can’t take the distance
I still believe my feelings
But sometimes I feel too much
I make believe you’re close to me
But it ain’t close enough
Not nearly close enough



I’d breathe fire and I’d be free
To be by your side, I’d do anything




I will go the distance
I will go the miles
That’s how much you mean to me



-the distance
Oliver James




missing the army boy who must be all stinky now
sigh

No comments: